Random Acts of Intelligence

Inane tomfoolery and mad ramblings about life, liberty, and the pursuit of flatulence. I may talk some game geek stuff as well. You have been warned.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Opening Line...

Hey, I am Billy, a 35 year old bartender from Richmond Va. I am divorced, and have a 12 year old son. My ex and I have been split up since before our son was a year old. In addition to bartending and being a father, I also play in a band, The Wrecking Krewe.

I grew up in Chesterfield, Virginia, which is a suburb of Richmond. After graduating from Manchester High in 1988, I attended Virginia Commonwealth University for a single semester, then dropped out and pursued a life of pool hustling and card sharking. After meeting my (ex)wife, I gave up my life of "crime," joined the Navy, and had my entire outlook on life changed. In the Navy, I lost my marriage, found Buddhism, and learned that drinking could indeed be considered an Olympic sport. Oh, and learned to swear in seven different languages.

I left the Navy in 1998, and have been kinda going with the flow ever since. I find my less structured life to be more satisfying than the disciplined lifestyle the Navy presented me with. I have been bartending for a little over 5 years now, and although I first loved the job, now it is a means to an end. But, the money is good, so I continue to stay the course.

Presently I am in the first month of a six month vow of celibacy. I am trying to get my head back on straight after a recent breakup, and I am sure that will be the topic of this blog in the times to come. Anyone who might stumble upon this, I apologize now. This blog will be used more as a personal tool than public statement, but I am keeping it open to the public just because I am a glutton for punishment.

With that said, time to start getting ready for work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home