Random Acts of Intelligence

Inane tomfoolery and mad ramblings about life, liberty, and the pursuit of flatulence. I may talk some game geek stuff as well. You have been warned.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Update...and on music therapy

Okay, now that things have settled down a wee bit, I have come to the conclusion that it is indeed time for me to be the hell out of the bar business. For the time being, probably out of customer service all together. Maybe do something construction related over the summer, and see how I feel after that. But the two week notice is NOT going in until after I have something else lined up. I have this thing about being jobless. I get really hungry, and I don't like not having the eating option available to me whenever I want it. So for now, that is where I stand. I would like to be out of there by May, but we will see how it goes...

On to Music therapy. Sunday nights are Open Mic Nights at the bar. Yes, I know...my night off and I go to the bar to play music. Well, I was part of the house band before I was ever a bartender. How do you think I got the gig? That's right, playing music up there every week. Anyhow, our drummer Craig, is simply put, the best drummer I have ever had the pleasure of being onstage with. Just to give you a rough idea of the calibur I am talking about, he was Carter Beaufort's student for many years. Carter Beaufort of Dave Matthew's fame. The guy is SICK. Anyhow, most of the fare at this open mic is blues. For a bass player like myself, it becomes a challenge just to stay awake. I love blues, don't get me wrong. But it is not always the most exciting genre for the bass player. Unless you have a good drummer you can feed off of. And Craig and I were in the zone last night. Throwing in weird turnarounds, taking a reggeae break in the middle of two guitar players mutually masturbating themselves during Voodo Chile and things like that. I haven't had that much fun at an Open mic night in years. I can't wait for the next one...

Anyhow, Nothing more to really update on. I have only been up a short while, so I have not yet started poking about the interwebs to see what I want to rant about today. Let me make some coffee, and get to reading. I am sure there will be something that pisses me off out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home