Random Acts of Intelligence

Inane tomfoolery and mad ramblings about life, liberty, and the pursuit of flatulence. I may talk some game geek stuff as well. You have been warned.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Weekend Update

What a weekend it has been. The band had gigs booked both Friday and Saturday nights, and to be honest, I am worn out. The Friday gig was a new venue for us, a little bar in Old Town Petersburg called The Cockade City Grill. One of the guys I work at my bar with used to book bands for them, and got us the gig. He called in a few favors, and had two guys show up that book for either another club, or the big summer festivals in Petersburg, and both were very happy with the show we put on. We should be getting a few dates with the other club this week, and we will hopefully be hearing back from the festival guy sometime in the near future.

Saturday night was at home, and it was our photograper's birthday. Since we have gotten into the habit of doing theme nights when we play at Rock Falls, we did 80's night in honor of Kyanne ( she was born in 1980... I feel ancient.) The turnout was great, and so many more people dressed up then the other theme nights. I hope this is a sign that this theme thing is catching on.

I guess you could really tell every member of the band's roots on Saturday. Everyone in the band was dressed like they just got back from a Ratt concert, except for me. I looked more like an extra from Pretty in Pink. But a good night was had by all, and we broke sales records for the bar. As a matter of fact, Will told me he found out that we broke the Cockade's record on Friday night as well.

No Open Mic Night tonight, thank goodness. I am tired, and don't think I have it in me to play yet another night. That said, I think I am going to spend some quality time with my 360.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home